Age of Despair
Long Sword +2
- +2 to hit / +2 damage
- sword is always cold to the touch
- sword has a faint blue glow at all times – sheds light as a torch
- 10 pts fire resistance to bearer
- As a standard action, extinguish all non-magical fires in a 20-foot radius. As a standard action, it can also dispel lasting fire spells, but not instantaneous effects. You must succeed at a dispel check (1d20 +14) against each spell to dispel it. The DC to dispel such spells is 11 + the caster level of the fire spell.
- Holy Ice Javelins – as a FULL ROUND ACTION (x3 / day) -: The sword creates a javelin of frozen holy water (caster level 8), which hurls itself toward a targets. You must succeed on an attack roll to hit the target with the javelin, using your base attack bonus + your Charisma modifier. The javelins deal 3d6 damage each, plus 3 point of cold damage and 3 point of damage from holy water.
The sword’s name, Himonas is etched in Ilian runes along the blade. It is an old sword, in a style out of fashion for many, many years.
In the month or more that you have carried the sword, you have noticed that the light shed by the sword is stronger now when it is in your hands. Additionally, the sword is now uncomfortable to hold without a glove or gauntlet (as if the sword had been sitting in ice when you pick it up). While holding the sword near (within 10’ of a torch or candle, the flame gutters and struggles – it will go out if you go closer).