Age of Despair
Rod of Smoke and Fire
An antique rod of brass and ivory with a smoky topaz stone at its base and a stylized brass ball of flame at the tip. This once bore elaborate etchings down the length of shaft but it has been scraped up and badly treated for some indeterminate length of time.
This is a magic rod created by a powerful evoker. It can be wielded as a +2 light mace at all times.
- Flame Blast – twice per day, the bearer can project a blast of fire from the rod (as the 4d6 blast from the Fire Breath spell – DC 16 Reflex save).
- Fireball – once per day, the bearer can cast a fireball (as the Wizard Spell) – 9d6 of damage, DC 16 Reflex save.
- Pyrotechnics – Smoke – once per day – as the spell (with no existing fire requirement), the bearer can summon a choking cloud of smoke, DC 16 Fort save to avoid Str / Dex penalties.
- Pyrotechnics – Fireworks – once per day – as the spell (with no existing fire requirement), the bearer can summon the fireworks effect, DC 16 Will save to avoid blinding effect.
- Wall of Fire – once per week, the bearer can cast a Wall of Fire as a 9th level caster.